Code Enforcement is performed by our code official Geoff Fillingsness. Geoff can be reached on his cell 605.360.4727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring has finally arrived and it is time for everyone to clean up their property from the ravages of a long, snowy winter. As part of our patrol activity this spring, we will be enforcing the provisions of our nuisance regulations. We will be issuing violation notices for such things as:
- inoperable or unlicensed vehicles,
- vehicle parts (including tires),
- building materials,
- discarded appliances or furniture,
- parking on lawns in front of or beside homes,
- campers, boats, or trailers parked on City streets for more than 48 hours,
- campers and other vehicles obstructing sidewalks,
- unfenced swimming pools, and
- property maintenance violations such as peeling paint and damaged trim or siding.
This is all done to keep people safe and keep our City looking good!
Also as a reminder, our neighborhood parks are open from dawn until dusk and no alcoholic beverages are allowed.
Enjoy your spring and summer and stay safe!!
Lawn Mowing Season Has Returned!
Spring has sprung and the grass is starting to grow like crazy! Please keep your lawn mowed and the weeds pulled or sprayed. Remember that you are responsible to mow and maintain the boulevard or ditch area between your yard and the adjacent street driving surface. We issue tall grass violation notices when grass exceeds eight inches in height. This can result in the issuance of a citation for a $150 fine and/or abatement of the nuisance at your expense (and abatements are very expensive). We also issue violation notices for concentrations of weeds and noxious weeds.