The Public Works Department is located at 801 Prairie Street in the City of Harrisburg (approximately six blocks South of the City Hall Office building).
As one of the original departments for the City of Harrisburg the Public Works Department handles the maintenance of the City's infrastructure, this includes:
- City-owned property
The Public Works Superintendent is Toby Huizenga.
Contact information for the Public Works Department:
- Toby Huizenga, Public Works Director Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Toby.Huizenga@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Mark McClung, Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Mark.McClung@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Dustin Preheim, Asst. Public Works Director Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Dustin.Preheim@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Jason Thurston, Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Jason.Thurston@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Chris Kullander, Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Chris.Kullander@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Part-time public works employee: Gene Hammerstrom, Phone (Office): 605.767.0075, Email: Gene.Hammerstrom@HarrisburgSD.gov
- Part-time public works employee: Larry Plucker, Phone (Office): 605.767.0075
It is against regulations to run your sump pump hose into the City's sanitary sewer system (inside your home). Sump pump hoses should be draining away from your home and should not create a public nuisance or nuisance for your neighbor. The city conducts random inspections to insure that this policy is enforced.
West Nile Protection
FIGHT THE BITE!
The city will be spraying for mosquitos this year. Please take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family from West Nile. For more information, please visit: www.state.sd.us/doh/westnile
SNOW ALERT INFORMATION
A Snow Alert will be declared when there is a chance of 2" or greater accumulation of snow or blowing snow, NO parking allowed on any city streets during the duration of the snow alert.