We are so excited to bring a new, fresh look to the website!
Additionally, we have added functionality such as:
• Convenience – The new website has been designed for the convenience of the user. Whether that might be to pay a bill online, receive a building permit, or submit a concern, the new website provides a much simpler platform for the user.
• Navigation – Navigation is key in any website in today’s day and age, but it is very crucial in the success of a government website in which the primary reason a user would visit is for a specific purpose. In order to improve navigation we’ve taken a much simpler approach to this website, filing every page under a specific primary page, once again keeping the user in mind.
• Usability – We’ve moved mobile! In continuing with the rapid changes in web development, we created the new website from scratch to be completely mobile friendly. This means the website will adapt to any kind of mobile device and fit to the screen of your cell phone, tablet or laptop.
• Promotion – Our new website will be used for much more promotional purposes than before. You may notice the Community and Economic Development tabs available for any prospective business owner or possible future resident. The city wants to stay ahead of the curve in attracting all growth and we feel this website does just that.
• Events – This website features an interactive event calendar that we’d like all local groups to utilize! To get an event on the calendar, simply select ‘submit an event’ and follow the short process. The event will automatically be sent to city staff who will than approve it and it will be featured on the event calendar. This is a great tool for any local organization or school program.
Please check out the new website, use it to for your convenience and as a resource. Please bookmark it and pass the word along. Thanks!